Low Resolution Alert Playback

General discussion about Blue Iris

Moderators: HeneryH, TimG

cavemud

Low Resolution Alert Playback

Post by cavemud » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:41 pm

Hello all, I am new to Blue Iris. Been using it for about 2 weeks now and am looking for some help. I have tried searching and I am still not finding anything.

Right now until I get a bigger SSD I have it set to record when triggered. Once it triggers and I go back to BI and view my clip its a low quality video clip and not high resolution like the live feed is. How can i make my recorded alert clips high resolution like my live feed?
kaltertod

Re: Low Resolution Alert Playback

Post by kaltertod » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:57 pm

Right Click on the camera in question, Goto the record tab, then select Video file format and compression, Make sure that you are using direct to disc. Apply the changes and this should fix your problem.
TimG

Post by TimG » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:01 am

It's a weird one. I can't see how to do that in settings, so do let us know if the previous answer fixed it.

If it didn't fix it:

1. Are you viewing the recording full screen ? It may show the sub stream until you go full screen.
2. If it's not that, you will need to add screengrabs of your settings for this camera.
Forum Moderator.
kaltertod

Post by kaltertod » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:27 am

when using dual stream aka sub and main at the same time on the same camera direct to disc is the only recording method that is supported AFAIK... That is how all of my cameras are setup and they work fine... using the latest version of BI
TimG

Post by TimG » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:34 am

That sounds logical. Now we wait for the OP.
Forum Moderator.