Web UI - getting higher framerate than substream fps

Moderators: HeneryH, TimG

Masejoer

Web UI - getting higher framerate than substream fps

Post by Masejoer » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:13 pm

On the Web UI when the primary stream of a camera is set to 15fps, but the substream for the same camera is set to 5fps, the max framerate that I can display in the web browser is 5fps. If I click on a camera to enlarge it, the full resolution stream remains at 5fps - it isn't changing to 15fps.

If I change the substream to 15fps, then enlarge a single camera on the webui, the primary stream also begins to display at 15fps.

Is there a way to fix this behavior, so that the BI Web UI will stream the higher framerate while maintaining use of substreams, without using higher framerate substreams? It looks like an issue with BI in that it opens the single camera with the substream, until the next i-frame is hit, and then switches over to the full resolution stream. The framerate gets stuck at the original low-res stream's framerate though.
TimG

Re: Web UI - getting higher framerate than substream fps

Post by TimG » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:11 pm

If I remember correctly, the BI5 help file tells you to match the frame rate on the main and sub stream to keep them synchronised for motion detection. Due to that I don't think this behaviour will be fixed. You can ask Support though.
Forum Moderator.
Masejoer

Re: Web UI - getting higher framerate than substream fps

Post by Masejoer » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:11 am

TimG wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:11 pm If I remember correctly, the BI5 help file tells you to match the frame rate on the main and sub stream to keep them synchronised for motion detection. Due to that I don't think this behaviour will be fixed. You can ask Support though.
Got it, thanks. I will work within the BI current limitations.