Feature Request: Hide Offline/Disconnected Cameras

Moderators: HeneryH, TimG

DKosick

Feature Request: Hide Offline/Disconnected Cameras

Post by DKosick » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:37 am

Hi BI Team!

I've been running BI at both my home and cottage for a few months now, and I LOVE this software. Those who say negative things are probably struggling with ease of use, however for a techie like myself I find it very customizable and future rich. So thank you for the work you've put into this application!

Details of my request and what I am trying to accomplish:
- I have three WIFI cams on my home setup that are used to keep an eye on various projects I am working on. Sometimes they are not in use, sometimes only 1 or 2 are in use.
- I have a group for these cams called Project Cams, and I would find it very useful if this group would only display the cams that are currently connected with a live video feed.
- I would like to be able to unplug some of the cameras and have the entire group automatically only display the one or two that are left.
- I envision this setting to be configurable on a per group basis, similar to the "Hide inactive cameras" feature.

Considerations:
- I am aware I can manually set the cams to inactive and hide inactive cams, however this does not accomplish the automation I'm seeking.
- I am aware I can schedule cams to be inactive at various times, however these projects lengths are unscheduled so it still is not quite what I am looking for.

I look forward to hearing what you think about this idea.

All the best - Darren
IAmATeaf

Re: Feature Request: Hide Offline/Disconnected Cameras

Post by IAmATeaf » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:35 am

You need to email Support directly with your request as nobody from BI reads these forums as far as I know, we just a bunch of regular guys with nothing better to do then chat about BI [emoji3]
TimG

Post by TimG » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:12 pm

LOL I'm afraid he's right :D

You will need to add your licence details into the email from BI5 general settings, else you may hit the spam filter.
Forum Moderator.
DKosick

Post by DKosick » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:27 am

Haha. You would think that the team at BI would love to prowl these forums for suggestions wouldn't ya.

Well thanks for the heads up, I'll send my comments in an email.